Tuesday, June 03, 2008
Sundown Marathon
Where I STOOD throughout the night (more than 8 hours)...
Can you see those flying insects?! Gross...
Dawn...Last Saturday night I last minute went down to Pasir Ris to help out with Sundown Marathon. It was damn tiring! Partly because I did not have enough sleep and I was still weak from ICT. But that was not the worst part. My 2 poor freshies had their valuables stolen! And I have to mention this guy called Zhi Rui who was the group leader of my freshies. After the theft incident had taken place, he had been the least helpful as an organising committee member. Not only did he not show any form of sympathy towards my freshies who had lost more than $500 worth of stuff, he was also very mean to them with his words. We understood that we should not hold him for responsibilities and we did not do that. But all he did was to keep saying that my freshies were at fault and he even refused to help! What the f*** man? You could not lend them your bicycle for them to go around to check the rubbish bins in case the thief had dumped their stuff in there when you were just doing nothing sitting there with your bicycle? Are you even a man? Bullying 2 girls who were there to help you with your event?! After that we had very bad impression of the committee and to a certain extent the NTU people. Of course I know it's totally unfair to judge the rest just because of what a single person had done. For me, my group leader Jia Hui had been really nice to all of us :) Had I been there when that Zhi Rui was scolding my freshies, I might have beaten him up seriously...
My mind's unweaving / 9:30 PM