Saturday, March 29, 2008
Nice People!
Nice people do exist! Today when I stepped out of my student's house, a lady stopped her car in front of me and offered to send me to the bus stop. Normally it would have taken me around 15 minutes on foot. I was super happy and surprised! Not for the fact that I did not have to walk but that genuine nice people do exist. I have been teaching at my student's house for many months by now and every time I walk along that stretch of road, I kept thinking will some stranger ever stop and offer me a ride. My student lives in a semi-detached in Bukit Timah and his neighbourhood is basically made up of very very rich people and I always see very very nice cars. I have seen 2 Rolls Royce and 1 Bentlely there, not mentioning BMW, Mercedes and such... So I kept wondering will those rich people be nice enough to offer a stranger a ride. Oh well today the lady who offered me a ride was not driving some fancy car, but I was really really touched. She brightened up my day!
My mind's unweaving / 12:56 PM