Saturday, December 01, 2007
Inconsiderate


Wonder what these pictures are about? Let me explain. For the past few weeks I have been studying at Science Library I have come to observed something really quite annoying. As you can see the books in the pictures are mostly related to medicine stuff. That's right. Since now Sci Lib has combined with Medicine Lib, it is no surprise to find doctors visiting Sci Lib. Assuming only doctors would be browsing those medicine related magazines and journals (since they were brought over from old Medicine Lib), those people who left the books on the tables were very likely to be doctors. These people came to the Sci Lib, took tons of books they wanted to browse, settled down at a table, browse through everything, found what they wanted, and then just freaking left! Can you believe it? According to a reliable medicine friend of mine, it is a common practice at Med Lib?!?! WTH? Don't bring your culture to Sci Lib! After you have browsed through the books, please kindly return them to their shelves or you can AT LEAST put them on the shelves meant for the librarians to put the books back to where they belonged! Don't freaking leave the books on the tables and expect people to clear for you! Hello? This is not a hawker center where you can expect people to clear your plates after you finish your food! This is a place where you are supposed to gain knowledge and become more civilised or educated so at least show that you have some civics morale... Know how to spell considerate? Does not mean that you save lives you can take lives right? You being docs don't mean you can do such stuff... There are many poor science faculty students looking for seats so that they can mug for their final exams ok? I can't believe I am sharing library with the likes of people like them... Anyway I think this only applies to the minority of the medicine population since I have many medicine friends who are not like that. And by the way the people who did these were all adults, some of them were old men already somemore... Please set a good example thanks! I don't want my medicine friends to end up like you! Where is that wisdom of yours which is supposed to accumulate with age? Don't say you are so busy rushing to save lives that you cannot even have time to do something like this...
My mind's unweaving / 7:34 PM